What Every Child with Asperger’s Needs for Good Mental Health
Mental health is a state of emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Today, common people and celebrities are coming out and talking about mental health but amongst those, the percentage is still very less.
Mental health plays an important role in everybody’s life, especially in children’s life as their early experiences matter a lot in developing good mental health. It shapes the child’s behaviour, actions and reactions to different situations. It impacts the way children feel, think and act, making it important in all areas of our lives.
Parents and caregivers can analyse a child’s full potential only when the child is in good mental health
What Disturbs Child’s Good Mental Health?.
There are many scenarios in which a child’s good mental health can get disturbed like traumatic events, lifestyle changes, the change of a place, a new addition to the family, school environment, peer pressure, puberty and the list goes on.
How To Know If Your Child Is Facing Mental Health Issues?
Here are some signs to notice
- The child is in a sad mood for two or more weeks
- He/she is avoiding social interactions
- Trying to hurt himself/herself or talking about it
- Talking about death or suicide
- Getting irritated or breaking down
- Showing out-of-control behaviour
- Drastic mood swings
- Changes in eating habits
- Loss of weight
- Not being able to sleep
- Complaints about headaches or stomach-aches frequently
- Not being able to concentrate
- Changes in academic performance
- Not willing to attend school
If you see any of these signs, get professional support as soon as possible. Experts will do an assessment and try to find out the cause. Once the root cause gets detected, a timely intervention will surely be helpful for your child.
How Can You Ensure Good Mental Health Of Your Child?
- As you know, a healthy mind stays in a healthy body, so make sure your child follows a routine of regular physical exercise.
- Ensure that your child is eating a balanced diet.
- In this digital world, encourage your child for outdoor games.
- Build a healthy conversational environment at home.
- Express your love to your child, show them that you trust and understand them and will continue to understand no matter what.
- Always stay optimistic around your child because they imbibe what they see.
- Accept them for what they are.
- Do not try to control your child, instead guide them. Take their opinion. Your small actions will show them that their presence and thoughts matter.
- Stay happy & bring good vibes to your home.
- Show strength in difficult times, it will make your child a fighter for life.